Friday, September 4, 2015

A Summer in Photos

Hello hello hello.

I know I should probably apologize for not blogging for a while, but I won't. I made the semi-conscious decision to take a blogging hiatus for the summer, purely because I wanted to immerse myself in enjoying summer itself! (And the busy-ness of a summer schedule doesn't leave a lot of leeway for writing blogs.) When stuck between choosing going to the lake, getting in some work hours, or writing a blog.... I'll usually always go to the lake or work. But don't worry! I am here to update, and get back on track. 

So to make it easy and enjoyable, I present to you: A Summer in Photos.
What did we do this summer?

We said goodbye to some teammates, and hello to others.
We'll miss Mak but she's off to a new adventure in Denver!
My fellow Midder, Deedra Irwin, joins the team! 
The full team at Olympic Day.
From L - R: Matt, Miles, Me, Colin, Deedra, Ben, Rogan, Mary, and Tommy Boy 


We spent some awesome time with visiting friends. 
My BFF KELSEY! I was beyond excited to have her come visit.
Annie Pokorny and Kelsey Phinney joined us for some quality training sessions. 

We moved. And bought a puppy!
Meet Earl. 
No I don't have a book problem.

We met and worked out with the VAMPS!
Ben demonstrating some ski walking technique.
The VAMPS is a program for the ladies of the valley
started and coached by Muffy Ritz. We had so much fun
getting to know them and watch them progress in bounding
technique and fitness. Thanks guys!
We trained hard. 
The girl's team on top of Washington Peak after a 50+ hr 2-week volume block!
Deedra and I after a double-pole time trial. 
Ski walking/bounding "moosehoofs" at Dollar Mountain! 
Let's not forget strength.
We put a lot of miles in on the roads this summer, and I'm super excited to
announce my new partnership with Rossignol this season!

We learned from visiting summer skiers.
SVSEF has a great summer training program for college/high school skiers,
and we were super lucky to have swedish skier Maria Grafnings come
train with us for a little bit this summer!


Aaaand of course, we spent a lot of time running around (getting literally lost) in the mountains.









Up next: training camp at Stratton and then Lake Placid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment